What is AZ Opportunities (AZO)?
AZ Opportunities is an open-ended private placement fund that is open for daily subscription and redemption, established by Azimut Egypt Asset Management with the approval of the Financial Regulatory Authority (FRA).
Redemption requests are submitted daily. Refund is based on the Net Asset Value (NAV) by end of day and take up to two working days to be paid.
- AZ Opportunities aims to take advantage of investment opportunities in equities listed on the EGX and Egyptian companies listed in foreign exchanges.
- AZ Opportunities focuses on capital appreciation rather than regular dividends.
- AZ Opportunities aims to achieve a relatively exceptional rate of return on invested capital while controlling risks.
- AZ Opportunities manager has the privilege to reduce the equity exposure to 30% of the fund size in case of stock market unfavorable conditions.
- AZ Opportunities asset manager aligns their interest with yours. Only making a management fee when the fund is making money.
What does the AZ Opportunities Fund invest in?
This is an equities focused mutual fund that takes advantage of growth opportunities in the market through calculated concentrated bets.
- The allocation in a single security cannot exceed 15% of the total asset value of the fund.
- The allocation in a single mutual fund cannot exceed 20% of the total asset value of the fund.
- The fund cannot own more than 20% of a single company (or related company).
- The fund cannot own more than 5% of a single mutual fund.
- The fund cannot perform same day trading with more than 15% of the fund's traded value throughout the day.
You can see here historical unit prices.
How can I buy certificates?
- Download the Thndr app and open an investment account – If you already have an account with Thndr, you are good to go
- Top up your wallet.
- Search for “AZO” on the app and buy certificates with the amount you would like to invest with.
Orders are executed based on the certificate price of the following day.
How can I sell certificates?
There are fees of up to 1.5% of your investment value and are pro-rated over three years. Meaning that the longer you keep hold of the investment the less selling fees you pay. Here are a few examples:
- Example 1: if you sell after one year, you pay redemption fees of 1%
- Example 2: if you sell after 1.5 years, you pay redemption fees of 0.75%
- Example 3: if you sell after 3 years, you pay redemption fees of 0%
Sell orders are executed & amounts are received within two working days.
What are the risks?
AZ Opportunities is an equities focused fund which makes it a high risk / high return fund. The stock market is subject to economic and political risk. There are also risks associated with the price of a specific security because of its characteristics. The asset manager mitigates these risks through diversification in different asset classes and sectors, investing in securities that have solid performance, and through the flexibility of the fund’s exposure to equities. To learn more about other risks, here is a link to the prospectus.
More About Azimut:
Azimut Egypt is one of the largest asset management companies in Egypt. With over 20 years of experience and whose Assets under Management exceed EGP 8.5 billion. They are the local investment arm of Azimut Group which operates in 18 countries around the Globe. Azimut Group manages around USD 70 billion in different asset classes.
AZ Opportunities is an open-ended private placement fund that is open for daily subscription and redemption, established by Azimut Egypt Asset Management with the approval of the Financial Regulatory Authority (FRA). Here is a link to the prospectus.
Azimut Egypt is the local investment arm of Azimut Group which operates in 18 countries around the Globe. Azimut Group manages around USD 70 billion in different asset classes.