You can finally buy and sell on the same day on Thndr!
In order to be able to do this, you need to access the advanced order screen after purchasing a stock. Here's how:
- Search for the stock you want to sell, and click on it
- Click on Sell
- Then click on Set Limit Price
- Then click on Advanced (on the top right)
You are now on the advanced order screen! In order to place your order:
- Choose the settlement (only available while placing your sell order):
- T2 [these are shares you have purchased more than 2 working days ago]
- T1 [these are shares you purchased on the previous working day (yesterday)]
- T0 [these are shares you purchased today]
- Then choose the number of shares
- Set your limit price
Now it's time to set your order expiry:
- Click on Expiry
- You'll have 3 options:
- Day [Your order will expire at the end of the trading day if not executed]
- Till Cancel [Your order will remain pending until executed or canceled]
- Specific Date [Your order will expire at a set date if not executed]
There are a few important things to note when using the advanced order screen:
- If you have 5 T2 settled shares, and 3 T0 settled shares and you want to sell all 8 shares. You need to place 2 separate orders:
- One T2 sell order for 5 shares
- One T0 sell order for 3 shares
- What are the fees applied on the same-day trading?
Same-day trading has no custody fees. Also, it will be part of a subscription product soon to be announced.
- Is it possible to sell any number of shares in the same trading session?
EGX determines the maximum number of shares that can be traded per order in the same trading session. You can find out more details here.
- What are the stocks that can be traded same day?
Not all stocks are available for same-day trading, you can find out which stocks can be T0 traded here.
- Can I sell the shares purchased today at market price?
T0 selling at the moment can only be done through the advanced orders page at a specific price (You must choose the selling price in order to place your order).
- Will the funds appear in my Thndr Wallet after the order gets executed?
Yes, once the order is completed, the amount appears in your Thndr wallet. You can place other orders with it or withdraw the amount from your account.
You can learn more on how to withdraw money from your Thndr account here
Please note that the execution of orders depends on bids/asks in the market. Thndr only works to deliver your orders to the Egyptian Stock Exchange, then the execution takes place in the market if there is a buyer.